Kingpin of inter-state fake currency racket caught
Malda (WB): The alleged kingpin of an
inter-state fake currency racket was arrested along with three
others in the district.
The man identified as Anwar and his three accomplices
were caught late Sunday night by police during routine checking
of vehicles, Additional Superintendent of Police, Kalyan
Fake Indian currency with a face value of Rs 3 lakh
were seized from him, he said.
Anwar had been earlier arrested by Maharashtra police
from Malda for running the racket but had been released later.
The police officer said Kaliachowk was the main
corridor through which counterfeit notes entered India from
Bangladesh and were sent to Jharkhand from where they were
sent all over the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why