Kiran Bedi joins Anna Hazare at Ralegan Siddhi fast
Ralegan Siddhi (Maharashtra): Former Indian Police Service (IPS) officer-turned-civil rights activist Kiran Bedi joined veteran anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare at the venue of his indefinite fast here on Saturday afternoon.
Before formally joining the fast, Bedi said in a Twitter post: "Lesson learnt from last 3 years of lokpal movement from Anna is continue to persevere by belief in effort. One day nature will respond!"
On December 11, Bedi confirmed that she would join Anna Hazare on his indefinite fast from Saturday.
Hazare began his fast unto death for the Jan Lokpal Bill in his home village of Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra on December 10.
In a posting on Twitter, Bedi said: "Joining Anna from this Saturday in his fast for Lokpal Bill. Shall give to it whatever it takes. Waited for last 3 years. Now, no more!"
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had on Tuesday called up Anna to assure that the government will pass the Lokpal Bill in the current session of Parliament.
Anna, however, remained unfazed and continued with his fast.
Kiran Bedi was at the forefront of India Against Corruption movement along with Anna Hazare and Arvind Kejriwal.
Kejriwal broke away from the group to form the Aam Aadmi Party which registered a historic victory in the Delhi Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional