Kiran Bedi refuses to comment on bills row
Mumbai: Team Anna member Kiran Bedi, who is
facing criticism over inflated travel bills, on Monday refused to
reply questions related to the issue.
The former IPS officer, who was on a short visit to the
city to accept an award honouring her for social work, stoutly
declined to comment on the controversy.
"You are at the wrong place," Bedi told mediapersons.
She was replying to queries on her tweets earlier in the
day that the money overcharged by her NGO for her travel
expenses would be returned.
"I am here to accept the Kriyasheel Award presented to me
by the Sadguru Mangeshda Kriya Yoga Foundation for social work
and do not want the event to be diluted and mixed up with
something personal. For me this award is like a rose with
thorns. Here is the rose and thorns are left behind. I feel
blessed," she said at the award venue in suburban Bandra.
The Magsaysay Award winner maintained she was here to
accept the award which was her focus and not a press
conference. "If you want to speak to me, it will be in Delhi."
Bedi said the award has come to her by destiny.
"The timing is so interesting. It`s like a blessing...I
needed to do better and more. I am on a path of higher mission
for this country and it is a time-bound mission. We must get
what we are fighting for by the winter session," she said,
referring to the Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof