Kiran Bedi shares dais with Ramdev
New Delhi: Seeking a coalition against corruption, activist Kiran Bedi on Sunday shared dais with Ramdev though Anna Hazare and other erstwhile Team Anna members kept away from the yoga guru`s protest on black money and Lokpal.
Addressing the protesters, she said they have to "raise a united front against corruption" and "form a coalition against corrupt".
"Without being alert, without understanding or reviewing government policy, we will always be deceived," Bedi, who came to Ramlila Maidan after attending a meeting of erstwhile Team Anna, said.
Some sections in erstwhile Team Anna were opposed to any truck with Ramdev though Hazare and the yoga guru had publicly announced they will support each other`s agitation.
During Team Anna`s protest earlier this month, they had taken exception to Ramdev sharing dais with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
At Ramlila Maidan, Bedi said the country needs an agency like Lokpal that punishes tax evaders.
"We also need a law to control black money. If there is Lokpal, then black money in India will come down. Lokpal and Blackmer are the two sides of the same coin. We need a vote bank of honest persons," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?