Kiran Bedi takes a dig at Arvind Kejriwal, says `thank God` Delhi Police not under AAP govt
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former IPS officer Kiran Bedi on Monday lashed out at Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for asking Delhi Police chief to resign if he can`t provide security at Indira Gandhi Indoor (IGI) stadium for a special session of Delhi Assembly for the passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill.
Bedi today wrote on micro-blogging website twitter - “Thank God DP not under him (Arvind Kejriwal). (sic)”
— Kiran Bedi (@thekiranbedi) February 10, 2014
Bedi`s reaction came after Kejriwal today rejected Delhi Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung`s call to revisit decision on Assembly session venue in IGI stadium.
“It (Special session of Delhi Assembly) can cause a huge law and order challenge on contentious issues,” Bedi added.
Kejriwal today wrote a letter to Najeeb Jung, asking as to why the Delhi Police could not provide security for the proposed session.
Delhi CM`s assertion to hold the session at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium came hours after Jung asked him not to stick to the decision as Delhi Police have expressed reservation over it citing possible law and order situation.
On the issue of holding the final session of the assembly at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, Jung had conveyed to Kejriwal that it was imperative to take the views of the Delhi Police for maintenance of law and order.
"The Delhi Police is clear that it would not be possible to identify and segregate people coming to the venue who may have intention to disturb the Assembly. The inability to handle large crowds had become evident in the janata durbar and it would indeed be more difficult to control crowds within the vicinity of the assembly,” the LG statement had said as per PTI.
"Therefore, in view of the law and order position and keeping in view the sanctity of the assembly proceedings he has requested Kejriwal to reconsider this decision," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"