Kiran Bedi to address Indian diaspora in Australia
Melbourne: Social activist and India`s first woman police officer, Kiran Bedi, is in Australia to address emerging Indian diaspora down under to strengthen cultural understanding between two countries.
Bedi will be addressing the first day of conference tomorrow which has been named "Gondwanalandings: Voices of the Emerging Indian Diaspora in Australia".
"Ahead of the conference, AII is also holding a special screening of the acclaimed biopic on her life "Yes Madam, Sir" tonight which was made by an Australian director Megan Doneman.
The upcoming conference has been aimed to generate a framework for cultural understanding between India and Australia in a bid to capitalises on the strengths of the vibrant Indian diaspora Down Under and also addresses various issues of the diaspora.
It would seek to address issues related to social cultural and political issues faced by people of Indian origin living in Australia, showcase Indian-Australian artistic talent and facilitate arts policy to include more Indian-Australian voices in the mainstream.
The other topics of discussions during the event would be themes related to Critical Perspectives on Gender and Migration, Indian-Australian Literature in the Asian Century and Diasporic media and film beyond Bollywood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials