Kiran Bedi to join Bharatiya Janata Party?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former cop and anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare`s aide Kiran Bedi is likely to join Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) ahead of the upcoming General Elections, media reports said on Sunday.
According to news reports, Bedi is most likely to be fielded from Delhi`s Chandni Chowk Lok Sabha seat.
Earlier, Bedi had praised BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, giving indications that she favours the party.
Bedi had posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter - “For me it`s India First! Stable,Well Governed, Administered, Accountable and Inclusive. As an independent voter, my vote is for NaMo.”
"The man is delivering and has brought good development in Gujarat. His nomination (as BJP`s PM candidate) brings more clarity among voters to make their choices," while backing Gujarat chief minister Bedi had said in October last year.
Meanwhile, BJP is trying to convince Kiran Bedi to contest against Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal in case he decides to contest from the national capital again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok