Kiran Bedi will join protest, confirms Prashant Bhushan
New Delhi: Dismissing reports of rift between Arvind Kejriwal and Kiran Bedi, erstwhile Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan on Sunday said that the former IPS officer will be soon joining the protest at Jantar Mantar.
Bhushan, who was present at Jantar Mantar, announced, “Kiran Bedi will come here and join the protest.”
Earlier, Bedi had voiced her disagreement over targeting BJP and insisted on focusing on the ruling party.
Bedi tweeted last morning, "I fully support Arvind`s call for Jantar Mantar rally. While I feel we need to focus on party in power, I respect his and others` view to cover all!"
On Sunday, anti-corruption activists Kejriwal and Gopal Rai were detained outside Prime Minister’s residence at 7 Race Course Road while Manish Sisodia and Kumar Vishwas were held outside Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s residence at 10 Janpath. Sanjay Singh was detained outside Nitin Gadkari`s residence on Ashoka Road.
However, they were released after being detained for just an hour by Delhi Police.
Kejriwal has accused the Congress and the BJP of looting Rs 1.85 lakh crore through the allocation of coal blocks to private players.
Kejriwal on Saturday had asked people to protest outside the residences of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and BJP president Nitin Gadkari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, Bihar Matric Results 2016: (biharboard.bih.nic.in), BSEB 10th Result 2016 to be declared tomorrow on May 29
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' is not banned, tweets Anurag Kashyap!
- Check out: 6 beauteous beaches in Odisha you didn't know much about!
- IPL VIDEO: When 'livid' Praveen Kumar charged at Hyderabad skipper David Warner
- Must watch: Indian billionaires and their private jets