Kiran Bedi will join protest, confirms Prashant Bhushan
New Delhi: Dismissing reports of rift between Arvind Kejriwal and Kiran Bedi, erstwhile Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan on Sunday said that the former IPS officer will be soon joining the protest at Jantar Mantar.
Bhushan, who was present at Jantar Mantar, announced, “Kiran Bedi will come here and join the protest.”
Earlier, Bedi had voiced her disagreement over targeting BJP and insisted on focusing on the ruling party.
Bedi tweeted last morning, "I fully support Arvind`s call for Jantar Mantar rally. While I feel we need to focus on party in power, I respect his and others` view to cover all!"
On Sunday, anti-corruption activists Kejriwal and Gopal Rai were detained outside Prime Minister’s residence at 7 Race Course Road while Manish Sisodia and Kumar Vishwas were held outside Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s residence at 10 Janpath. Sanjay Singh was detained outside Nitin Gadkari`s residence on Ashoka Road.
However, they were released after being detained for just an hour by Delhi Police.
Kejriwal has accused the Congress and the BJP of looting Rs 1.85 lakh crore through the allocation of coal blocks to private players.
Kejriwal on Saturday had asked people to protest outside the residences of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and BJP president Nitin Gadkari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what