Kiran Bedi will join protest, confirms Prashant Bhushan
New Delhi: Dismissing reports of rift between Arvind Kejriwal and Kiran Bedi, erstwhile Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan on Sunday said that the former IPS officer will be soon joining the protest at Jantar Mantar.
Bhushan, who was present at Jantar Mantar, announced, “Kiran Bedi will come here and join the protest.”
Earlier, Bedi had voiced her disagreement over targeting BJP and insisted on focusing on the ruling party.
Bedi tweeted last morning, "I fully support Arvind`s call for Jantar Mantar rally. While I feel we need to focus on party in power, I respect his and others` view to cover all!"
On Sunday, anti-corruption activists Kejriwal and Gopal Rai were detained outside Prime Minister’s residence at 7 Race Course Road while Manish Sisodia and Kumar Vishwas were held outside Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s residence at 10 Janpath. Sanjay Singh was detained outside Nitin Gadkari`s residence on Ashoka Road.
However, they were released after being detained for just an hour by Delhi Police.
Kejriwal has accused the Congress and the BJP of looting Rs 1.85 lakh crore through the allocation of coal blocks to private players.
Kejriwal on Saturday had asked people to protest outside the residences of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and BJP president Nitin Gadkari.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory