Kiran defends her outburst against politicians
New Delhi: Key Team Anna member and
former IPS officer Kiran Bedi on Sunday defended her controversial
comments against politicians and said she does not regret the
outburst and the theatrics that put them in bad light.
Kiran said her action on Friday speaking from a stage
at Ramlila maidan went against her "grain" but asserted she
did not mean to hurt anybody.
"It went against my grain. It is not in my training
but it was worth it...I did not mean to hurt anybody" she
She also said her action reflected an outpouring of
anger and concern and that she was only reacting to the kind
of situation on that day when Anna Hazare was on the 11th day
of his fast.
Kiran spat fire on politicians accusing them of wearing
"several masks" at the same time and telling lines all the
time in comments which led to widespread criticism.
Pointing at two BJP leaders, Gopinath Munde and Ananth
Kumar, present at the Ramlila maidan on Friday, she said,
"Look at them. They say one thing here and one thing outside."
Bedi then moved on to theatrics and enacted what she
said was how politicians behaved. Bedi pulled a scarf from the
neck of a young activist on stage, wrapped her head with it
and proceeded to mock MPs.
"You remove one mask, then you find another one, and
then another. They change words according to time and place.
Never trust them," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH