Kiran Kumar Reddy a loyal Congressman: Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: After the YSR Congress Party asked Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister to quit his office, when he raised concerns regarding the division in terms of water sharing, state capital and power amongst others, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday assured that Kiran Kumar Reddy would never go against the decision of the Congress Working Committee.
"He (Kiran Kumar Reddy) is a loyalist Congressman and the decision of the CWC is binding on all of us. Therefore there should be clarity in this. I am going to speak to him and Mr. Antony`s committee would start meeting from Tuesday evening," he told media here today.
Digvijay Singh on Friday had said the committee constituted by the ruling party under the chairmanship of Defence Minister A.K. Antony shall look at all concerns arising out of the proposed formation of a separate state of Telangana.
YSR Congress Party on Friday had asked Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy to quit his office if the decision to carve out Telangana from Andhra Pradesh was taken without consulting him.
They further hit out at the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister and said that he woke up from his slumber ten days after the Congress Working Committee (CWC) had announced its decision to grant separate statehood to Telangana, with sudden expression of his concerns regarding the division in terms of water sharing, state capital and power.
According to reports, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy`s remarks on Telangana have triggered a storm with his deputy and several senior leaders of Congress fromTelangana lashing out at him for going against the decision of the party leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!