Kirti Azad hits out at Manish Tewari over his tweet criticising NDA regime
New Delhi: Lashing out at Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish over his tweet criticising the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led NDA (National Democratic Alliance) Government, former cricketer and BJP leader Kirti Azad on Sunday said that the UPA Government and its ministers are trying to divert public attention from the burning issues like inflation and corruption.
Reacting to the BJP allegation that the government has taken the decision to hang 2001 Parliament convict Afzal Guru very late, Tewari had taken a jibe at BJP by tweeting that cases like Kargil, Kandhar and Parliament attack are the milestones of NDA`s track record on national security.
"There is a big question mark on this UPA government, they already have one minister who had to quit because of his tweet. We have another one, Manish Tewari, who has been tweeting and he and his government will be quitting very soon," said Azad.
"Rather than being serious about the matters that concern the country at the moment which is rising prices, corruption , beheading of our jawan and Pakistan sponsored terrorism, they are trying to divert the issues, so I am sure they will quit very soon," he added.
Afzal Guru, who was hanged in Tihar Jail here on in the early morning on Saturday, was convicted of conspiracy in the December 2001 attack on Parliament and was sentenced to death by the Supreme Court in 2004.
On 13th December 2001, five heavily-armed gunmen stormed the Parliament complex and opened indiscriminate fire, killing nine persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Shiv Sena questions Modi over his black money promise
- Water tanker scam: ACB trying to arrest me, says Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra
- Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya's bail plea rejected — What NIA court said
- PM condoles death of Naga leader Isak Swu
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale