Kirti Azad hits out at Manish Tewari over his tweet criticising NDA regime
New Delhi: Lashing out at Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish over his tweet criticising the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led NDA (National Democratic Alliance) Government, former cricketer and BJP leader Kirti Azad on Sunday said that the UPA Government and its ministers are trying to divert public attention from the burning issues like inflation and corruption.
Reacting to the BJP allegation that the government has taken the decision to hang 2001 Parliament convict Afzal Guru very late, Tewari had taken a jibe at BJP by tweeting that cases like Kargil, Kandhar and Parliament attack are the milestones of NDA`s track record on national security.
"There is a big question mark on this UPA government, they already have one minister who had to quit because of his tweet. We have another one, Manish Tewari, who has been tweeting and he and his government will be quitting very soon," said Azad.
"Rather than being serious about the matters that concern the country at the moment which is rising prices, corruption , beheading of our jawan and Pakistan sponsored terrorism, they are trying to divert the issues, so I am sure they will quit very soon," he added.
Afzal Guru, who was hanged in Tihar Jail here on in the early morning on Saturday, was convicted of conspiracy in the December 2001 attack on Parliament and was sentenced to death by the Supreme Court in 2004.
On 13th December 2001, five heavily-armed gunmen stormed the Parliament complex and opened indiscriminate fire, killing nine persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon