Kisan Morcha demands legislation to amend land acquisition act
Jaipur: BJP`s Kisan Morcha today staged
protests in Rajasthan demanding introduction of a legislation
during the forthcoming winter session of Parliament to amend
the Land Acquisition Act, saying it had become outdated.
"The 116-year-old Land Acquisition Act is outdated and
not equipped to protect the interests of farmers. So, a land
acquisition amendment bill must be tabled in the winter
session of Parliament, Morcha`s state in-charge Kaptan Singh
Solanki, who led the protests at the collectorate here, said.
Protests were held at all the district headquarters in
the state in support of the demand, he said.
Accusing the government of acquiring the land of farmers
without giving proper compensation to them, Solanki said a
memorandum addressed to the President, was submitted to the
District Collector here with several suggestions at the end of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof