Kisan Morcha demands legislation to amend land acquisition act
Jaipur: BJP`s Kisan Morcha today staged
protests in Rajasthan demanding introduction of a legislation
during the forthcoming winter session of Parliament to amend
the Land Acquisition Act, saying it had become outdated.
"The 116-year-old Land Acquisition Act is outdated and
not equipped to protect the interests of farmers. So, a land
acquisition amendment bill must be tabled in the winter
session of Parliament, Morcha`s state in-charge Kaptan Singh
Solanki, who led the protests at the collectorate here, said.
Protests were held at all the district headquarters in
the state in support of the demand, he said.
Accusing the government of acquiring the land of farmers
without giving proper compensation to them, Solanki said a
memorandum addressed to the President, was submitted to the
District Collector here with several suggestions at the end of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users