Kisan Morcha demands legislation to amend land acquisition act
Jaipur: BJP`s Kisan Morcha today staged
protests in Rajasthan demanding introduction of a legislation
during the forthcoming winter session of Parliament to amend
the Land Acquisition Act, saying it had become outdated.
"The 116-year-old Land Acquisition Act is outdated and
not equipped to protect the interests of farmers. So, a land
acquisition amendment bill must be tabled in the winter
session of Parliament, Morcha`s state in-charge Kaptan Singh
Solanki, who led the protests at the collectorate here, said.
Protests were held at all the district headquarters in
the state in support of the demand, he said.
Accusing the government of acquiring the land of farmers
without giving proper compensation to them, Solanki said a
memorandum addressed to the President, was submitted to the
District Collector here with several suggestions at the end of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in