Kishan Kumar appointed new Vice Chief of Air Staff
New Delhi: Veteran fighter pilot Air Marshal Kishan Kumar Nohwar took over as the Vice Chief of the Air Staff (VCAS) here on Monday.
He has succeeded Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne who took over as the chief of the IAF yesterday.
In his previous assignment, Nohwar was commanding the Shillong-based Eastern Air Command.
Born in Ambala on May 7, 1952, Nohwar is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy. He was commissioned into the fighter stream on June 24, 1972.
With over 3,400 flying hours under his belt, he has flown the MiG-21s and later commanded a MiG-27 squadron. He is also a qualified flying instructor, fighter combat leader, and an alumnus of the Defence Services Staff College and Air War
His command appointments include Commandant of Tactics and Air Combat Development Establishment (TACDE) and Air Officer Commanding of a fighter airbase.
His important staff assignments include Chief Operations Officer, Deputy Commandant, College of Air Warfare, Principal Director, Air Staff Inspection and Assistant Chief
of Air Staff (Plans).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader