Kishan Kumar appointed new Vice Chief of Air Staff
New Delhi: Veteran fighter pilot Air Marshal Kishan Kumar Nohwar took over as the Vice Chief of the Air Staff (VCAS) here on Monday.
He has succeeded Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne who took over as the chief of the IAF yesterday.
In his previous assignment, Nohwar was commanding the Shillong-based Eastern Air Command.
Born in Ambala on May 7, 1952, Nohwar is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy. He was commissioned into the fighter stream on June 24, 1972.
With over 3,400 flying hours under his belt, he has flown the MiG-21s and later commanded a MiG-27 squadron. He is also a qualified flying instructor, fighter combat leader, and an alumnus of the Defence Services Staff College and Air War
His command appointments include Commandant of Tactics and Air Combat Development Establishment (TACDE) and Air Officer Commanding of a fighter airbase.
His important staff assignments include Chief Operations Officer, Deputy Commandant, College of Air Warfare, Principal Director, Air Staff Inspection and Assistant Chief
of Air Staff (Plans).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning