Kishan Kumar appointed new Vice Chief of Air Staff
New Delhi: Veteran fighter pilot Air Marshal Kishan Kumar Nohwar took over as the Vice Chief of the Air Staff (VCAS) here on Monday.
He has succeeded Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne who took over as the chief of the IAF yesterday.
In his previous assignment, Nohwar was commanding the Shillong-based Eastern Air Command.
Born in Ambala on May 7, 1952, Nohwar is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy. He was commissioned into the fighter stream on June 24, 1972.
With over 3,400 flying hours under his belt, he has flown the MiG-21s and later commanded a MiG-27 squadron. He is also a qualified flying instructor, fighter combat leader, and an alumnus of the Defence Services Staff College and Air War
His command appointments include Commandant of Tactics and Air Combat Development Establishment (TACDE) and Air Officer Commanding of a fighter airbase.
His important staff assignments include Chief Operations Officer, Deputy Commandant, College of Air Warfare, Principal Director, Air Staff Inspection and Assistant Chief
of Air Staff (Plans).
- This young maid wanted to do anything to 'please' her boss: Watch video to know what happened
- Haji Ali row: Forcibly entering a temple or mosque is wrong, first woman Qazi of UP to Trupti Desai
- Coal scam: Court orders framing of charges against Naveen Jindal, others
- It's actually shocking! Three monks get involved in brawl at Buddhist temple in China - Watch
- ICICI net plunges 87% to over 11-year low as NPA provision soars