Kishenji encounter genuine: Home Secy
New Delhi: The Centre on Monday strongly refuted
reports that top Maoist leader Kishenji was killed in a fake
encounter, saying the gun-battle involving him was genuine.
"Kishenji encounter was not fake. We have the reports.
The encounter was genuine," Union Home Secretary R K Singh
told reporters here.
Maoists sympathisers, family members and a few social
organisations have questioned the way Kishneji was killed by
the security forces and alleged that he was killed in a "fake
A joint team of CRPF and West Bengal Police killed
Kishenji alias Mollajulla Koteswar Rao in a fierce gunbattle
in a forest in West Bengals` West Midnapore district on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed