Kishenji encounter genuine: Home Secy
New Delhi: The Centre on Monday strongly refuted
reports that top Maoist leader Kishenji was killed in a fake
encounter, saying the gun-battle involving him was genuine.
"Kishenji encounter was not fake. We have the reports.
The encounter was genuine," Union Home Secretary R K Singh
told reporters here.
Maoists sympathisers, family members and a few social
organisations have questioned the way Kishneji was killed by
the security forces and alleged that he was killed in a "fake
A joint team of CRPF and West Bengal Police killed
Kishenji alias Mollajulla Koteswar Rao in a fierce gunbattle
in a forest in West Bengals` West Midnapore district on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'