Kishenji encounter genuine: Home Secy
New Delhi: The Centre on Monday strongly refuted
reports that top Maoist leader Kishenji was killed in a fake
encounter, saying the gun-battle involving him was genuine.
"Kishenji encounter was not fake. We have the reports.
The encounter was genuine," Union Home Secretary R K Singh
told reporters here.
Maoists sympathisers, family members and a few social
organisations have questioned the way Kishneji was killed by
the security forces and alleged that he was killed in a "fake
A joint team of CRPF and West Bengal Police killed
Kishenji alias Mollajulla Koteswar Rao in a fierce gunbattle
in a forest in West Bengals` West Midnapore district on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why