Kishenji killing: CPI-Maoist calls for shutdown
Hyderabad: The Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) has called for two-day "Bharat bandh" Dec 4-5 to protest against the killing of its politburo member Kishenji.
The central committee also called for a "protest week" from Tuesday.
Maoist sympathiser and revolutionary writer P Varavara Rao read out the statement of the central committee before the funeral of Kishenji in his home town Peddapalli in Karimnagar district, about 200 km from here.
Paying rich tributes to Kishenji, the CPI-Maoist alleged that security forces killed him in cold blood.
Mallojula Koteswara Rao alias Kishenji, who was number three in the party, was gunned down by security forces Thursday in West Bengal`s West Midnapore district, about 10 km from the border with Jharkhand.
Admitting that Kishenji`s death was a big blow, the party blamed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Home Minister P Chidambaram and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for the killing.
The statement released in the name of central committee spokesman Abhay alleged that the Mamata Banerjee government while talking of peace conspired with the central government to kill Kishenji.
The central committee urged that all shops, businesses, and rail and road services should be shut Dec 4-5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!