Kishenji killing: CPI-Maoist calls for shutdown
Hyderabad: The Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist) has called for two-day "Bharat bandh" Dec 4-5 to protest against the killing of its politburo member Kishenji.
The central committee also called for a "protest week" from Tuesday.
Maoist sympathiser and revolutionary writer P Varavara Rao read out the statement of the central committee before the funeral of Kishenji in his home town Peddapalli in Karimnagar district, about 200 km from here.
Paying rich tributes to Kishenji, the CPI-Maoist alleged that security forces killed him in cold blood.
Mallojula Koteswara Rao alias Kishenji, who was number three in the party, was gunned down by security forces Thursday in West Bengal`s West Midnapore district, about 10 km from the border with Jharkhand.
Admitting that Kishenji`s death was a big blow, the party blamed Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Home Minister P Chidambaram and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for the killing.
The statement released in the name of central committee spokesman Abhay alleged that the Mamata Banerjee government while talking of peace conspired with the central government to kill Kishenji.
The central committee urged that all shops, businesses, and rail and road services should be shut Dec 4-5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened