Kishenji not booked under UAPA for want of Govt sanction
Kolkata: Maoist leader Koteshwar Rao alias
Kishenji chargesheeted along with 23 others in the February 15
EFR camp attack case, was not booked under the Unlawful
Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) at the Jhargram
sub-divisional court today for want of government sanction.
They were booked under various sections of the Arms Act,
Explosives Act and IPC. The charge of `waging war against the
state` or sections of the UAPA need government`s sanction, ADG
(CID) Raj Kanojia said.
"We hope to get the sanction by tomorrow morning and only
then will be able to include them in the chargesheet," Kanojia
said adding that it was only a technical problem.
Under the UAPA provisions, government sanction is
required to prosecute the accused.
On Friday, the CID had filed a chargesheet against 24
people for their alleged involvement in the Sildah EFR camp
attack which resulted in 24 personnel being killed.
Apart from Kishenji, the chargesheet includes Mansaram
Hembram alias Bikash and Rehana Baske alias Jagori.
Of those named, seven Maoists Sukhlal Soren, Ransoi
Hansda, Prasanta Patra, Manas Mahato, Ashis Mahato,
Dhritiranjan Mahato and Buddheshwar Mahato alias Buddha have
been arrested and others were absconding, the sources said.
A group of armed Maoists, who came on motorcycles and
cars, had attacked the camp and set it ablaze after killing 24
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015