Kishenji not booked under UAPA for want of Govt sanction
Kolkata: Maoist leader Koteshwar Rao alias
Kishenji chargesheeted along with 23 others in the February 15
EFR camp attack case, was not booked under the Unlawful
Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) at the Jhargram
sub-divisional court today for want of government sanction.
They were booked under various sections of the Arms Act,
Explosives Act and IPC. The charge of `waging war against the
state` or sections of the UAPA need government`s sanction, ADG
(CID) Raj Kanojia said.
"We hope to get the sanction by tomorrow morning and only
then will be able to include them in the chargesheet," Kanojia
said adding that it was only a technical problem.
Under the UAPA provisions, government sanction is
required to prosecute the accused.
On Friday, the CID had filed a chargesheet against 24
people for their alleged involvement in the Sildah EFR camp
attack which resulted in 24 personnel being killed.
Apart from Kishenji, the chargesheet includes Mansaram
Hembram alias Bikash and Rehana Baske alias Jagori.
Of those named, seven Maoists Sukhlal Soren, Ransoi
Hansda, Prasanta Patra, Manas Mahato, Ashis Mahato,
Dhritiranjan Mahato and Buddheshwar Mahato alias Buddha have
been arrested and others were absconding, the sources said.
A group of armed Maoists, who came on motorcycles and
cars, had attacked the camp and set it ablaze after killing 24
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh