Kishenji wants intellectuals to mediate in talks
Kolkata: Top Maoist leader Koteswar Rao alias
Kishenji on Sunday said he wants intellectuals to mediate between
the government and the Maoists, amid reports that
writer-activist Arundhati Roy could be one among them.
"We want intellectuals to mediate between us and the
government," Kishenji said over phone from an undisclosed
When asked about the intellectuals whom he want to
mediate between the Maoists and the government, Kishenji
refused to name anybody and just said "we want intellectuals
Earlier, a section of the media had reported that
Kishenji had named writer writer-activist Arundhati Roy
and Trinamool Congress MP Kabir Suman as his choice of
Kishenji also said the repeated offer of talks by the
Maoists had been turned down by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users