Kishenji wants intellectuals to mediate in talks
Kolkata: Top Maoist leader Koteswar Rao alias
Kishenji on Sunday said he wants intellectuals to mediate between
the government and the Maoists, amid reports that
writer-activist Arundhati Roy could be one among them.
"We want intellectuals to mediate between us and the
government," Kishenji said over phone from an undisclosed
When asked about the intellectuals whom he want to
mediate between the Maoists and the government, Kishenji
refused to name anybody and just said "we want intellectuals
Earlier, a section of the media had reported that
Kishenji had named writer writer-activist Arundhati Roy
and Trinamool Congress MP Kabir Suman as his choice of
Kishenji also said the repeated offer of talks by the
Maoists had been turned down by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter