Kishenji wants intellectuals to mediate in talks
Kolkata: Top Maoist leader Koteswar Rao alias
Kishenji on Sunday said he wants intellectuals to mediate between
the government and the Maoists, amid reports that
writer-activist Arundhati Roy could be one among them.
"We want intellectuals to mediate between us and the
government," Kishenji said over phone from an undisclosed
When asked about the intellectuals whom he want to
mediate between the Maoists and the government, Kishenji
refused to name anybody and just said "we want intellectuals
Earlier, a section of the media had reported that
Kishenji had named writer writer-activist Arundhati Roy
and Trinamool Congress MP Kabir Suman as his choice of
Kishenji also said the repeated offer of talks by the
Maoists had been turned down by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali