KK Chakravarty new Lalit Kala Akademi chairman
New Delhi: KK Chakravarty, a retired bureaucrat who had steered the National Museum and other cultural institutions in the past, was on Tuesday named the new chairman of Lalit Kala Akademi.
President Pranab Mukherjee cleared the appointment of the 1970 batch IAS officer.
65-year-old Chakravarty will hold office till December 31, 2017 when he will complete 70 years of age, an official statement from the Ministry of Culture said.
Chakravarty had served the Madhya Pradesh government in several capacities and had been the member-secretary of Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, director general of the National Museum, New Delhi and vice chancellor of the National Museum Institute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Peru president elect eyes house arrest for Fujimori
- Know what Salman Khan tweeted after Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in two black buck poaching cases
- Snapdeal Monsoon sale kicks off; get upto 60% discount
- Doping controversy: Inderjeet Singh breaks down during TV interview, alleges conspiracy behind failed test
- Pope Francis faces tepid welcome in migrant-wary Poland