Koda aide deposited Rs 640 cr in Mumbai bank
Mumbai: The investigations into the alleged multi-crore hawala scam involving former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda has revealed that one of his close associates deposited over Rs 640 crore in two years in a public sector bank here.
The money was deposited between 2006 and 2008 in Mumbai`s Zaveri Bazaar branch of Union Bank of India.
The details obtained from the bank also show transactions worth Rs 991 crore during the same period in the now blacklisted account.
The investigations have revealed that these transactions clearly violated the norms of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Zaveri Bazaar branch of UBI failed to inform the central bank or any financial intelligence unit when such huge amounts were being transferred.
The findings have now raised suspicion whether the bank officials were also hand in glove with Koda`s men.
These transactions were done by Balaji Bullion`s Manoj Punamiya, who is a frontman for Koda.
The Income Tax (I-T) department and the Enforcement Directorate (ED) have also confirmed that Koda invested about Rs 100 crore in land mines in Thailand.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India