Koda aide deposited Rs 640 cr in Mumbai bank
Mumbai: The investigations into the alleged multi-crore hawala scam involving former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda has revealed that one of his close associates deposited over Rs 640 crore in two years in a public sector bank here.
The money was deposited between 2006 and 2008 in Mumbai`s Zaveri Bazaar branch of Union Bank of India.
The details obtained from the bank also show transactions worth Rs 991 crore during the same period in the now blacklisted account.
The investigations have revealed that these transactions clearly violated the norms of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Zaveri Bazaar branch of UBI failed to inform the central bank or any financial intelligence unit when such huge amounts were being transferred.
The findings have now raised suspicion whether the bank officials were also hand in glove with Koda`s men.
These transactions were done by Balaji Bullion`s Manoj Punamiya, who is a frontman for Koda.
The Income Tax (I-T) department and the Enforcement Directorate (ED) have also confirmed that Koda invested about Rs 100 crore in land mines in Thailand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27