Koda scam: Shibu Soren`s son questioned by ED
New Delhi: The Enforcement Directorate has
questioned Mrinal Soren, son of former Jharkhand Chief
Minister Shibu Soren, in connection with the multi-crore `Koda
Official sources said Mrinal, along with former private
secretary to Shibu Soren, ML Pal, was questioned by the
Directorate in the national capital recently for two
Though officials were tightlipped about the line of
questioning, the sources said the duo were questioned about
their business interests with certain individuals and also
relationship with former Chief Minister Madhu Koda against
whom the Directorate has registered a case of money
Both were summoned by the agency to the national capital
under relevant sections of the Prevention of Money Laundering
Koda, arrested on November 30, 2009, is under judicial
custody at Ranchi`s Birsa Munda jail in connection with the
multi-crore money laundering and illegal investment case.
The sources said more questioning could be carried out
in the near future and that the Directorate was looking into
the financial dealings of both Pal and Mrinal.
Koda and his associates are facing an onslaught of probe
by various agencies like ED, I-T department, CBI and Jharkhand
This is the first time when Soren`s associates were
questioned by the Directorate, they said.
Koda is alleged to have made a huge amount of money
during his term as the Jharkhand chief minister and had
allegedly invested the ill-gotten wealth both in the country
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000