Koda summoned by ED, IT to quiz him on Tuesday
Ranchi/New Delhi: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda was discharged from a hospital on Sunday and will be questioned by the Income Tax department in a money laundering case on Tuesday while the Enforcement Directorate summoned him to appear before it next Friday.
"Fresh Summons have been served on Koda to appear before
the ED on November 13," a senior official of the Enforcement
Directorate told a news agency.
Ajit Shrivastav, Additional Director(Investigation), met
Koda at his home shortly after he was discharged from the
"He (Koda) requested me to just allow him one day rest
and said then we can start out investigation. We can start
from day after tomorrow," Shrivastav said about future probe
in the Rs 2,000 crore alleged Hawala and illegal investments
case. The sealed room of Koda`s house would also be opened
during Koda`s interrogation
A "prohibitory order" has also placed at Koda`s
residence, he added.
IT department sources said in New Delhi that Koda will be
questioned on the "concealment of income and illegal
investments found during their searches".
A wheel-chair bound Koda while leaving a Ranchi hospital
after undergoing treatment for five days told reporters, "I am
innocent. I don`t have any connections with anybody."
According to sources, the Directorate served fresh
summons to Koda as the IT department has communicated to the
ED officials, after Koda`s discharge, about its move to
question the former chief minister.
The ED meanwhile brought Vikash Sinha, an associate
of Koda, to the national capital for interrogation after he
became the first person to be arrested in the case.
"His(Vikash) interrogation has begun," sources said.
Vikash, has been brought from the Jharkhand capital to
the ED`s zonal office here, after a Ranchi local court gave
the Directorate his custody for 10 days.
Authorities were also contemplating issuing arrest
warrants against Koda`s associates Binod Kumar Sinha, Sanjay
Choudhary and three others in a day or two as they had not
appeared before the investigating agency on November six.
An IT official said "several teams are working in
Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Jamshedpur and other places to gather
evidence and stitch them together."
The task would take time as documents of mines dated
back to 2004 when Koda was the mines minister under Arjun
Munda government, he said.
The agencies have unearthed hawala and illegal
investments of Rs 2000 crore after they launched raids on 76
premises across the country on October 31.
In a fresh discovery, IT officials came to know about
transfer of Rs 168 crore in a bank by a non-existant company,
the official said.
The IT, he added, had requested the ED to move the
appropriate authorities to get all the e-mails exchanged
during the last three years in connection with the illegal
investments and hawala transactions.
Earlier in the day, Koda was discharged from a city
hospital after the doctors declared him medically fit. He got
himself admitted to the hospital following stomach ache.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks