Konkan Railway introduces receipt for food items purchased
Mangalore: The Konkan Railway has started providing electronically generated vouchers to passengers on purchase of food and snack items in trains.
The newly introduced system would ensure that the food items were charged by the caterer as per the approved rates of Konkan Railway, thereby bringing in more transparency, a Railway release said.
Konkan Railway had already introduced the service in Mandovi Express and Konkankanya Express trains on its route. The service would be tried out first in Air Conditioned coaches of the two trains and later extended to other coaches and other trains depending upon its success, it said.
The hand-held compact and rugged Electronic Voucher Distribution machine, which has large memory, will print a system generated bill which will be given to the passengers on purchase of any food item. The bill will have the name of the caterer and date and time of purchase.
The service had been introduced by Konkan Railway as its constant endeavour to provide value-added services to its passengers, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions