Konkan Railway introduces receipt for food items purchased
Mangalore: The Konkan Railway has started providing electronically generated vouchers to passengers on purchase of food and snack items in trains.
The newly introduced system would ensure that the food items were charged by the caterer as per the approved rates of Konkan Railway, thereby bringing in more transparency, a Railway release said.
Konkan Railway had already introduced the service in Mandovi Express and Konkankanya Express trains on its route. The service would be tried out first in Air Conditioned coaches of the two trains and later extended to other coaches and other trains depending upon its success, it said.
The hand-held compact and rugged Electronic Voucher Distribution machine, which has large memory, will print a system generated bill which will be given to the passengers on purchase of any food item. The bill will have the name of the caterer and date and time of purchase.
The service had been introduced by Konkan Railway as its constant endeavour to provide value-added services to its passengers, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal