Konkan train services restored
Mumbai: Konkan Railway on Sunday restored its train services that were disrupted after a retaining wall collapsed near Ratnagiri due to heavy rain, affecting thousands of inter-state passengers.
"Konkan Railway geared up all its men and machinery and the affected section between Ratnagiri and Nivsar was restored for traffic within a record time this (Sunday)morning," an official said.
Thousands of inter-state railways passengers were stranded as trains connecting Maharashtra to Goa, Karnataka, and Kerala were cancelled and diverted Friday owing to incessant rainfall in the Konkan belt.
The Konkan Railway had arranged special bus services to help the stranded passengers.
"As a goodwill gesture, Konkan Railway had hired about 50 buses to for stranded passengers. The buses made 350 trips, transhipping about 18,000 passengers, apart from providing them with snacks, drinking water and portage facilities," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview