Konkan train services restored
Mumbai: Konkan Railway on Sunday restored its train services that were disrupted after a retaining wall collapsed near Ratnagiri due to heavy rain, affecting thousands of inter-state passengers.
"Konkan Railway geared up all its men and machinery and the affected section between Ratnagiri and Nivsar was restored for traffic within a record time this (Sunday)morning," an official said.
Thousands of inter-state railways passengers were stranded as trains connecting Maharashtra to Goa, Karnataka, and Kerala were cancelled and diverted Friday owing to incessant rainfall in the Konkan belt.
The Konkan Railway had arranged special bus services to help the stranded passengers.
"As a goodwill gesture, Konkan Railway had hired about 50 buses to for stranded passengers. The buses made 350 trips, transhipping about 18,000 passengers, apart from providing them with snacks, drinking water and portage facilities," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state