Konkan train services restored
Mumbai: Konkan Railway on Sunday restored its train services that were disrupted after a retaining wall collapsed near Ratnagiri due to heavy rain, affecting thousands of inter-state passengers.
"Konkan Railway geared up all its men and machinery and the affected section between Ratnagiri and Nivsar was restored for traffic within a record time this (Sunday)morning," an official said.
Thousands of inter-state railways passengers were stranded as trains connecting Maharashtra to Goa, Karnataka, and Kerala were cancelled and diverted Friday owing to incessant rainfall in the Konkan belt.
The Konkan Railway had arranged special bus services to help the stranded passengers.
"As a goodwill gesture, Konkan Railway had hired about 50 buses to for stranded passengers. The buses made 350 trips, transhipping about 18,000 passengers, apart from providing them with snacks, drinking water and portage facilities," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested