Konkan train services restored
Mumbai: Konkan Railway on Sunday restored its train services that were disrupted after a retaining wall collapsed near Ratnagiri due to heavy rain, affecting thousands of inter-state passengers.
"Konkan Railway geared up all its men and machinery and the affected section between Ratnagiri and Nivsar was restored for traffic within a record time this (Sunday)morning," an official said.
Thousands of inter-state railways passengers were stranded as trains connecting Maharashtra to Goa, Karnataka, and Kerala were cancelled and diverted Friday owing to incessant rainfall in the Konkan belt.
The Konkan Railway had arranged special bus services to help the stranded passengers.
"As a goodwill gesture, Konkan Railway had hired about 50 buses to for stranded passengers. The buses made 350 trips, transhipping about 18,000 passengers, apart from providing them with snacks, drinking water and portage facilities," the official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani