Krishna discusses Pak source of rumours with Mathai
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister S M Krishna today discussed the issue of Pakistan-based hardline groups using social media networking sites to fan communal sentiments and scare among people from Northeast in India with Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai who briefed him on the same.
Official sources said the two discussed the matter and that the MEA is awaiting Ministry of Home Affair`s full report on the matter before deciding the future course of action.
Union Home Secretary R K Singh had earlier said bulk of the rumours, that had triggered panic among people of Northeastern states in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra, were sourced from Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray