Krishna discusses Pak source of rumours with Mathai
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister S M Krishna today discussed the issue of Pakistan-based hardline groups using social media networking sites to fan communal sentiments and scare among people from Northeast in India with Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai who briefed him on the same.
Official sources said the two discussed the matter and that the MEA is awaiting Ministry of Home Affair`s full report on the matter before deciding the future course of action.
Union Home Secretary R K Singh had earlier said bulk of the rumours, that had triggered panic among people of Northeastern states in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra, were sourced from Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics