Krishna discusses Pak source of rumours with Mathai
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister S M Krishna today discussed the issue of Pakistan-based hardline groups using social media networking sites to fan communal sentiments and scare among people from Northeast in India with Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai who briefed him on the same.
Official sources said the two discussed the matter and that the MEA is awaiting Ministry of Home Affair`s full report on the matter before deciding the future course of action.
Union Home Secretary R K Singh had earlier said bulk of the rumours, that had triggered panic among people of Northeastern states in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra, were sourced from Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report