Krishna, Hillary discuss regional security, bilateral ties
Kabul: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna and his American counterpart Hillary Clinton today discussed the Afghan situation, regional security and bilateral ties during a meeting between the two leaders here.
Krishna and Clinton, who met on the sidelines of an international conference on Afghanistan, warmly shook hands and posed for photographs.
During their meeting, they discussed issues like bilateral ties, Afghan situation and regional security.
Clinton told Krishna that she will be in New Delhi tonight as she is flying to Seoul, South Korea, and her aircraft needs refuelling. She said she will be at the airport in Delhi for 100 minutes and added that probably she will be sleeping at that time.
Later, Krishna also met his Afghan counterpart Zalmai Rassoul.
The biggest ever conference on Afghanistan has brought together delegates from 70 nations to chalk out the future of the war-torn country, amidst a total lock-down of the
The meet was considering a plan to hand over security in the country`s 34 provinces to the Afghan government by 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi