Krishna holds talks with Chinese Foreign Minister
New Delhi: Arunachal Pradesh, Tibet and the
recent ill-treatment meted out to Indian traders by Chinese
authorities were some of the crucial issues that figured in
Thursday`s talks here between the Foreign Ministers of India and
China, which also focused on an upcoming summit of major
emerging economies here.
"Every possible issue that is raised whenever India-China
dialogue takes place were raised and we have understood each
other`s position and we have understood the perspective and we
will continue to exchange these," External Affairs Minister S
M Krishna told reporters after the meeting with his Chinese
counterpart Yang Jiechi.
He was asked if the issues of recent visit of Defence
Minister AK Antony to Arunachal Pradesh which led to heated
exchanges between the two countries and self immolations by
`free Tibet` protesters were raised during the meeting.
Yang, who arrived last evening, kicked off his brief
official visit with an official dinner by Krishna last night.
Krishna was also asked if he raised the issue of traders
with Yang. "I did raise the traders` issue," he said, without
giving the details.
On the reports that the Siang (Brahmaputra) river
originating from Tibet was suddenly found to have almost dried
up at a town in Arunachal Pradesh allegedly due to dam
construction by China, Krishna said the Ambassador to China,
who has been apprised of the reports, will be looking into it.
Krishna also referred to his statement in Parliament over
China constructing a dam at Zangmu in the middle reaches of
Yarlung Tsango (as the Brahmaputra is called in Tibet) and
said the satellite imagery of the site has only shown that it
was a run of the river hydro-electric project.
Krishna and Yang also focused on preparations for a summit
of the BRICS nations-- Brazil, Russia, India, China and
South Africa-- here at the month end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30