Krishna in Cuba, talks cooperation in oil exploration
Havana: Cuba today invited India to partner it in the exploration of oil and hydrocarbons as External Affairs Minister S M Krishna arrived here on a "historic" visit to the country.
Krishna started his visit in the Cuban capital by paying homage to the father of the Cuban revolution Jose Marti, by laying a wreath at the Revolution Square.
As his Cuban counterpart Bruno Rodriguez termed the visit as "historical", Krishna said there was a special place for the people of Cuba in Indian hearts.
The Cuban Foreign Minister expressed his country`s eagerness to cooperate with India in a range of fields, including hydrocarbon exploration.
"Cuba will cooperate with India in the fields of sports, bio-technology and pharmaceuticals, and will highly encourage India to partner in hydrocarbons and oil exploration sectors," he said as the two ministers met for a bilateral.
Krishna is in Havana for a bilateral visit as well as an Indian heads of mission and Ambassadors conference.
"Fidel Castro and the glorious Cuban revolution evoke instant admiration in India. Our relations are historical and based on shared values of equality and justice. There is a special place for people of Cuba in Indian hearts," said Krishna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you