Krishna in Cuba, talks cooperation in oil exploration
Havana: Cuba today invited India to partner it in the exploration of oil and hydrocarbons as External Affairs Minister S M Krishna arrived here on a "historic" visit to the country.
Krishna started his visit in the Cuban capital by paying homage to the father of the Cuban revolution Jose Marti, by laying a wreath at the Revolution Square.
As his Cuban counterpart Bruno Rodriguez termed the visit as "historical", Krishna said there was a special place for the people of Cuba in Indian hearts.
The Cuban Foreign Minister expressed his country`s eagerness to cooperate with India in a range of fields, including hydrocarbon exploration.
"Cuba will cooperate with India in the fields of sports, bio-technology and pharmaceuticals, and will highly encourage India to partner in hydrocarbons and oil exploration sectors," he said as the two ministers met for a bilateral.
Krishna is in Havana for a bilateral visit as well as an Indian heads of mission and Ambassadors conference.
"Fidel Castro and the glorious Cuban revolution evoke instant admiration in India. Our relations are historical and based on shared values of equality and justice. There is a special place for people of Cuba in Indian hearts," said Krishna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed