Krishna in Cuba, talks cooperation in oil exploration
Havana: Cuba today invited India to partner it in the exploration of oil and hydrocarbons as External Affairs Minister S M Krishna arrived here on a "historic" visit to the country.
Krishna started his visit in the Cuban capital by paying homage to the father of the Cuban revolution Jose Marti, by laying a wreath at the Revolution Square.
As his Cuban counterpart Bruno Rodriguez termed the visit as "historical", Krishna said there was a special place for the people of Cuba in Indian hearts.
The Cuban Foreign Minister expressed his country`s eagerness to cooperate with India in a range of fields, including hydrocarbon exploration.
"Cuba will cooperate with India in the fields of sports, bio-technology and pharmaceuticals, and will highly encourage India to partner in hydrocarbons and oil exploration sectors," he said as the two ministers met for a bilateral.
Krishna is in Havana for a bilateral visit as well as an Indian heads of mission and Ambassadors conference.
"Fidel Castro and the glorious Cuban revolution evoke instant admiration in India. Our relations are historical and based on shared values of equality and justice. There is a special place for people of Cuba in Indian hearts," said Krishna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert