Krishna-Khar talks on Sept 8
Islamabad: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna will visit Pakistan for three days from September 7 to review the last round of the bilateral dialogue process with his Pakistani counterpart Hina Rabbani Khar, the Foreign Office announced on Friday.
Krishna will be visiting Pakistan for "holding a review meeting with the Foreign Minister at her invitation", the Foreign Office said in a brief statement.
The talks between the two Foreign Ministers will be held in Islamabad on September 8.
The talks between the ministers will be preceded by a meeting of the Foreign Secretaries of the two countries on September 7.
"The two ministers will also co-chair the Plenary of the India-Pakistan Joint Commission to be held in Islamabad on September 8, 2012," the statement said.
Unlike past visits, the Indian minister will spend the last day of his trip in Lahore, where he will hold meetings with top leaders of the main opposition PML-N and members of the business community and civil society, Indian officials said.
The meeting will come close on the heels of talks held yesterday by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and President Asif Ali Zardari on the margins of the Non-Aligned Movement Summit in Tehran.
This was the second meeting this year between the two leaders.
Zardari last met Singh during a day-long private visit to India in April to pray at a Sufi shrine in Ajmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video