Krishna-Khar talks on Sept 8
Islamabad: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna will visit Pakistan for three days from September 7 to review the last round of the bilateral dialogue process with his Pakistani counterpart Hina Rabbani Khar, the Foreign Office announced on Friday.
Krishna will be visiting Pakistan for "holding a review meeting with the Foreign Minister at her invitation", the Foreign Office said in a brief statement.
The talks between the two Foreign Ministers will be held in Islamabad on September 8.
The talks between the ministers will be preceded by a meeting of the Foreign Secretaries of the two countries on September 7.
"The two ministers will also co-chair the Plenary of the India-Pakistan Joint Commission to be held in Islamabad on September 8, 2012," the statement said.
Unlike past visits, the Indian minister will spend the last day of his trip in Lahore, where he will hold meetings with top leaders of the main opposition PML-N and members of the business community and civil society, Indian officials said.
The meeting will come close on the heels of talks held yesterday by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and President Asif Ali Zardari on the margins of the Non-Aligned Movement Summit in Tehran.
This was the second meeting this year between the two leaders.
Zardari last met Singh during a day-long private visit to India in April to pray at a Sufi shrine in Ajmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price