Krishna meets Bogollagama, discusses resettlement issue
Phuket: Amid India`s desire to see early rehabilitaion of nearly three lakh Tamil civilians
displaced due to the war, External Affairs Minister S M Krishna Wednesday met his Sri Lankan counterpart Rohitha Bogollagama and is understood to have discussed the issue.
Krishna and Bogollagama met in this resort island on the sidelines of the ASEAN Foreign Ministers Summit and are believed to have discussed the post-war situation.
Ahead of the meeting, Krishna told reporters that India wants Sri Lanka to accord top priority to the resettlement of nearly 3 lakh Tamil civilians displaced due to
the civil war there and expressed readiness to help Colombo in this regard.
"We are in close touch with the Sri Lankan Government. They have said that they will resettle most of the displaced civilians in 180 days. We hope Sri Lanka will be able to do
that," Krishna said.
He said India was ready assist Sri Lanka in resettling the Tamil civilians displaced due to the 30-year-old civil war.
"They have promised us that they will resettle the displaced civilians soon," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands