Krishna meets Sultan of Brunei
Brunei: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Saturday met Sultan of Brunei during his official visit to the Southeast Asian nation and expressed India`s willingness to enhance its energy cooperation with this country.
"India wants to enhance energy cooperation with Brunei... and is looking forward to long term LNG contracts with Brunei," Krishna told Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah here.
Brunei has been ranked by Forbes magazine as the fifth richest nation in the world due to its extensive petroleum and natural gas fields.
Sultan Bolkiah assured Krishna of increased business ties with India especially in the field of oil and LNG. Sultan Bolkiah is scheduled to visit New Delhi in December.
Brunei would supply LNG to India on a long term basis.
During his visit, first by any Indian External Affairs Minister, Krishna also met his Brunei counterpart princess Hajah Masna and discussed issues of bilateral interests.
Krishna`s visit to Brunei - the country coordinator for India in the ASEAN - comes ahead of the India-ASEAN summit to be held later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31