Krishna meets Sultan of Brunei
Brunei: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Saturday met Sultan of Brunei during his official visit to the Southeast Asian nation and expressed India`s willingness to enhance its energy cooperation with this country.
"India wants to enhance energy cooperation with Brunei... and is looking forward to long term LNG contracts with Brunei," Krishna told Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah here.
Brunei has been ranked by Forbes magazine as the fifth richest nation in the world due to its extensive petroleum and natural gas fields.
Sultan Bolkiah assured Krishna of increased business ties with India especially in the field of oil and LNG. Sultan Bolkiah is scheduled to visit New Delhi in December.
Brunei would supply LNG to India on a long term basis.
During his visit, first by any Indian External Affairs Minister, Krishna also met his Brunei counterpart princess Hajah Masna and discussed issues of bilateral interests.
Krishna`s visit to Brunei - the country coordinator for India in the ASEAN - comes ahead of the India-ASEAN summit to be held later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister