Krishna meets Sultan of Brunei
Brunei: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Saturday met Sultan of Brunei during his official visit to the Southeast Asian nation and expressed India`s willingness to enhance its energy cooperation with this country.
"India wants to enhance energy cooperation with Brunei... and is looking forward to long term LNG contracts with Brunei," Krishna told Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah here.
Brunei has been ranked by Forbes magazine as the fifth richest nation in the world due to its extensive petroleum and natural gas fields.
Sultan Bolkiah assured Krishna of increased business ties with India especially in the field of oil and LNG. Sultan Bolkiah is scheduled to visit New Delhi in December.
Brunei would supply LNG to India on a long term basis.
During his visit, first by any Indian External Affairs Minister, Krishna also met his Brunei counterpart princess Hajah Masna and discussed issues of bilateral interests.
Krishna`s visit to Brunei - the country coordinator for India in the ASEAN - comes ahead of the India-ASEAN summit to be held later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off