Krishna meets Sultan of Brunei
Brunei: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Saturday met Sultan of Brunei during his official visit to the Southeast Asian nation and expressed India`s willingness to enhance its energy cooperation with this country.
"India wants to enhance energy cooperation with Brunei... and is looking forward to long term LNG contracts with Brunei," Krishna told Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah here.
Brunei has been ranked by Forbes magazine as the fifth richest nation in the world due to its extensive petroleum and natural gas fields.
Sultan Bolkiah assured Krishna of increased business ties with India especially in the field of oil and LNG. Sultan Bolkiah is scheduled to visit New Delhi in December.
Brunei would supply LNG to India on a long term basis.
During his visit, first by any Indian External Affairs Minister, Krishna also met his Brunei counterpart princess Hajah Masna and discussed issues of bilateral interests.
Krishna`s visit to Brunei - the country coordinator for India in the ASEAN - comes ahead of the India-ASEAN summit to be held later this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi