Krishna on Kuwait visit from Wednesday
New Delhi: Relations between India and Kuwait
are expected to get a boost when External Affairs Minister S M
Krishna travels there tomorrow on a two-day visit.
During his visit, Krishna will call on the Amir Sheikh
Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al Sabah and Prime Minister Sheikh
Nasser Mohammad Al Ahmed Al-Sabah.
He will have substantive discussions with his counterpart
Sheikh Dr Mohammed Sabah Al-Salem Al-Sabah, Deputy Prime
Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs that are expected to
cover the entire range of bilateral relations and
international issues of mutual interest.
Kuwait is an important trading partner for India and
India-Kuwait trade was USD 8.4 billion in 2007-2008 and is
estimated at USD 10.5 billion in 2009.
Indian companies are active in the petroleum and power
sectors. Kuwait is an important partner in India`s quest for
energy security. The presence of a large concentration of
Indian nationals in Kuwait is another vital aspect of
bilateral ties between the two countries.
Krishna will also be meeting a cross-section of Indian
community which is nearly 600,000-strong at present.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why