Krishna on Kuwait visit from Wednesday
New Delhi: Relations between India and Kuwait
are expected to get a boost when External Affairs Minister S M
Krishna travels there tomorrow on a two-day visit.
During his visit, Krishna will call on the Amir Sheikh
Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al Sabah and Prime Minister Sheikh
Nasser Mohammad Al Ahmed Al-Sabah.
He will have substantive discussions with his counterpart
Sheikh Dr Mohammed Sabah Al-Salem Al-Sabah, Deputy Prime
Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs that are expected to
cover the entire range of bilateral relations and
international issues of mutual interest.
Kuwait is an important trading partner for India and
India-Kuwait trade was USD 8.4 billion in 2007-2008 and is
estimated at USD 10.5 billion in 2009.
Indian companies are active in the petroleum and power
sectors. Kuwait is an important partner in India`s quest for
energy security. The presence of a large concentration of
Indian nationals in Kuwait is another vital aspect of
bilateral ties between the two countries.
Krishna will also be meeting a cross-section of Indian
community which is nearly 600,000-strong at present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...