Krishna thanks Norwegian Foreign Minister
New Delhi: A day after the two NRI children returned here after a protracted legal battle in Norway, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Wednesday telephoned his Norwegian counterpart Jonas Gahr Store and thanked him for assistance in resolving the custody row.
"Krishna telephoned Store and thanked him for assistance in return of children to India," official spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said.
The children, Abhigyan and Aishwarya, who were taken away from their parents Anurup and Sagarika Bhattacharya by Norway`s Child Welfare Agency in May last year on grounds of "emotional disconnect", returned yesterday accompanied by their foster father and uncle who has been given their custody by a Norwegian court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'