Krishna thanks Norwegian Foreign Minister
New Delhi: A day after the two NRI children returned here after a protracted legal battle in Norway, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Wednesday telephoned his Norwegian counterpart Jonas Gahr Store and thanked him for assistance in resolving the custody row.
"Krishna telephoned Store and thanked him for assistance in return of children to India," official spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said.
The children, Abhigyan and Aishwarya, who were taken away from their parents Anurup and Sagarika Bhattacharya by Norway`s Child Welfare Agency in May last year on grounds of "emotional disconnect", returned yesterday accompanied by their foster father and uncle who has been given their custody by a Norwegian court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts