Krishna thanks Norwegian Foreign Minister
New Delhi: A day after the two NRI children returned here after a protracted legal battle in Norway, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Wednesday telephoned his Norwegian counterpart Jonas Gahr Store and thanked him for assistance in resolving the custody row.
"Krishna telephoned Store and thanked him for assistance in return of children to India," official spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said.
The children, Abhigyan and Aishwarya, who were taken away from their parents Anurup and Sagarika Bhattacharya by Norway`s Child Welfare Agency in May last year on grounds of "emotional disconnect", returned yesterday accompanied by their foster father and uncle who has been given their custody by a Norwegian court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sovereign Gold Bond: NSE gets bids worth Rs 106 crore
- Prisma fever grips Bollywood celebrities! – View pics
- Chabahar port may become operational in 1.5-2 years: Govt
- Sensex zooms 292 points to regain 28,000-mark, Nifty hits 15-month high
- Lost in translation: The peculiar case of a popular French author