Krishna thanks Norwegian Foreign Minister
New Delhi: A day after the two NRI children returned here after a protracted legal battle in Norway, External Affairs Minister SM Krishna on Wednesday telephoned his Norwegian counterpart Jonas Gahr Store and thanked him for assistance in resolving the custody row.
"Krishna telephoned Store and thanked him for assistance in return of children to India," official spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said.
The children, Abhigyan and Aishwarya, who were taken away from their parents Anurup and Sagarika Bhattacharya by Norway`s Child Welfare Agency in May last year on grounds of "emotional disconnect", returned yesterday accompanied by their foster father and uncle who has been given their custody by a Norwegian court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH