Krishna to represent India at UN climate change summit
New York: External Affairs Minister SM Krishna will represent Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at the UN summit on Climate Change being hosted by the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on Tuesday.
The UN summit is part of Ban`s campaign to bring about a fair and ratifiable green house gas reduction agreement at this year`s Climate Conference in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Krishna who arrived here Sunday evening to participate in the 64th session of the UN General Assembly will lead the Indian delegation at the General Debate and will deliver a speech Sept 26.
On the margins of the UNGA, Krishna will also have bilateral meetings with his counterparts from some countries, including possibly Pakistan.
Krishna will also participate in the 14th Summit of the Group of Fifteen (G-15) Sep 25 preceded by ministerial meeting a day earlier.
The other events along the margins of the UNGA at which the Indian delegation will participate include an IBSA (India, Brazil, South Africa) ministerial meeting by Brazil Monday, a G-5 meeting Tuesday and a ministerial meeting of the Group of Friends of the UNSG on Myanmar Sept 23.
Krishna will also participate in the Commonwealth foreign ministers` meeting and the ministerial meeting on terrorism, a BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) luncheon meeting by Brazil and a high level meeting on 60th anniversary of establishment of United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestine Refugees Sep 24.
This will be followed by the fifth India-GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) Political Dialogue and Group of 77 (G-77) Ministerial Meeting Sep 25 and an informal Meeting of SAARC Council of Ministers the next day. A ministerial Meeting of the Group of Friends of the Alliance of Civilizations is also scheduled that day.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!