Krishna to visit Russia next week
Moscow: External Affairs Minister S M
Krishna will visit Russia next week to finalise the non-
military cooperation agenda for the December Summit between
the two countries and co-chair an inter-governmental Joint
Commission on trade and other matters.
"Krishna will visit Russia on November 17-19 to attend
the 17th session of the Inter-governmental Joint Commission"
on Trade, Economic, Scientific, Technological and Cultural
Cooperation, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander
Besides co-chairing the Joint Commission session with
Russian Vice Premier Sergei Ivanov, Krishna will finalise the
non-military cooperation agenda for the Moscow summit next
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will visit Russia on
December 16-17 to attend the Summit at the invitation of
President Dmitry Medvedev.
Krishna is also scheduled to hold key talks with his
Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov, Lukashevich said.
Addressing the Fifth Indo-Russian Business Forum in the
presence of Commerce Minister Anand Sharma yesterday, Russian
Vice Premier Ivanov announced that the first block of
Kudankulam nuclear power plant in Tamil Nadu will be
commissioned by the end of this year.
He also said India will be the main Russian partner in
the commercialisation of the GLONASS, a space-based navigation
system to rival the US Pentagon-controlled Global Positioning
According to earlier Russian media reports, during his
last month`s Moscow visit for the Joint Inter-governmental
Commission on Military-Technical Cooperation, Defence Minister
AK Antony had reached an agreement for receiving signals from
GLONASS military segment for precision guidance of Indian
missiles and aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan