Krishna`s faux pas bound to happen: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday said the faux pas by
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna at the UN Security
Council was bound to happen as the country had leaders who
"read speeches rather than deliver them."
"This is bound to happen when we have people who read
speeches rather then deliver them," BJP spokesperson Nirmala
Sitharaman said here.
She claimed that due to the gaffe, India stood
embarrassed at an international forum.
"Today, the level of incompetence has reached to its
optimum," she said.
Krishna was caught in a public gaffe when he
inadvertently read out the speech of the Portuguese Minister
at a UN Security Council meeting here but rectified the error
after an Indian official drew his attention.
Speaking at the United Nations Security Council at a
debate on security and development yesterday, Krishna read out
the wrong speech for about three minutes before being
corrected by India`s envoy to the UN Hardeep Singh Puri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority