Krishna`s faux pas bound to happen: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Saturday said the faux pas by
External Affairs Minister S M Krishna at the UN Security
Council was bound to happen as the country had leaders who
"read speeches rather than deliver them."
"This is bound to happen when we have people who read
speeches rather then deliver them," BJP spokesperson Nirmala
Sitharaman said here.
She claimed that due to the gaffe, India stood
embarrassed at an international forum.
"Today, the level of incompetence has reached to its
optimum," she said.
Krishna was caught in a public gaffe when he
inadvertently read out the speech of the Portuguese Minister
at a UN Security Council meeting here but rectified the error
after an Indian official drew his attention.
Speaking at the United Nations Security Council at a
debate on security and development yesterday, Krishna read out
the wrong speech for about three minutes before being
corrected by India`s envoy to the UN Hardeep Singh Puri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH