Krishna`s UN faux pas figures in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: In an obvious dig at External Affairs Minister S M Krishna, JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav on Wednesday said there are people in the government who do not know whether they are reading their own speech.
"He does not know whether he is reading his speech or
someone else`s speech", Yadav said without naming Krishna who
was occupying the front bench during the debate on Motion of
thanks to the President for her Address.
Krishna had mistakenly started reading the speech of his
Portuguese counterpart at the UN Security Council. The
Minister, however, rectified the mistake after it was pointed
out by an official.
Yadav`s remark that Krishna was sitting like a "great
man...see his posture" evoked sharp reaction from ruling
members, who accused Yadav of making disparaging personal
Referring to 2G spectrum allocation scam, Yadav said that
Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal, an eminent advocate, was
treating the nation like a "legal chamber."
Sibal had earlier described the report of the Comptroller
and Auditor General (CAG) on 2G spectrum allocation as
The ruling party members also objected to his remarks
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'