Krishna`s UN faux pas figures in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: In an obvious dig at External Affairs Minister S M Krishna, JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav on Wednesday said there are people in the government who do not know whether they are reading their own speech.
"He does not know whether he is reading his speech or
someone else`s speech", Yadav said without naming Krishna who
was occupying the front bench during the debate on Motion of
thanks to the President for her Address.
Krishna had mistakenly started reading the speech of his
Portuguese counterpart at the UN Security Council. The
Minister, however, rectified the mistake after it was pointed
out by an official.
Yadav`s remark that Krishna was sitting like a "great
man...see his posture" evoked sharp reaction from ruling
members, who accused Yadav of making disparaging personal
Referring to 2G spectrum allocation scam, Yadav said that
Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal, an eminent advocate, was
treating the nation like a "legal chamber."
Sibal had earlier described the report of the Comptroller
and Auditor General (CAG) on 2G spectrum allocation as
The ruling party members also objected to his remarks
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him