Krishna`s UN faux pas figures in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: In an obvious dig at External Affairs Minister S M Krishna, JD(U) chief Sharad Yadav on Wednesday said there are people in the government who do not know whether they are reading their own speech.
"He does not know whether he is reading his speech or
someone else`s speech", Yadav said without naming Krishna who
was occupying the front bench during the debate on Motion of
thanks to the President for her Address.
Krishna had mistakenly started reading the speech of his
Portuguese counterpart at the UN Security Council. The
Minister, however, rectified the mistake after it was pointed
out by an official.
Yadav`s remark that Krishna was sitting like a "great
man...see his posture" evoked sharp reaction from ruling
members, who accused Yadav of making disparaging personal
Referring to 2G spectrum allocation scam, Yadav said that
Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal, an eminent advocate, was
treating the nation like a "legal chamber."
Sibal had earlier described the report of the Comptroller
and Auditor General (CAG) on 2G spectrum allocation as
The ruling party members also objected to his remarks
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das