K’taka: Yeddyurappa`s bail plea hearing today
Bangalore: The Karnataka Lokayukta Court will on Tuesday hear the bail applications of former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa and others in two complaints alleging irregularities in denotification of government land by him.
Special judge NK Sudhindra Rao on Monday adjourned the hearing in two of the five complaints consisting of 15 cases filed by advocate Sirajin Basha.
In both the complaints Yeddyurappa is the main accused.
While in the first complaint, apart from Yeddyurappa, 14 of his family members are the accused.
In the second complaint, nine others including his sons and son-in-law are the accused.
When the hearing of the bail applications in the first complaint commenced, all the 15 including Yeddyurappa were present in the court.
Making his submissions, senior counsel for Yeddyurappa, the first accused, Ravi B Naik said Arkavathy Layout is very big and the one acre 24 guntas (a gunta is 1/40 of an acre) of land, that was denotified in this case, was "just a small part whereas the 60 acres of land surrounding this pocket was already notified for Manyata builders by former chief minister H D Kumaraswamy and former governor Rameshwar Thakur".
Naik submitted he could produce documents to substantiate his argument.
"When the remaining land can be denotified for a big builder, what is wrong if land is notified for an agriculturist," Naik asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?