K’taka: Yeddyurappa`s bail plea hearing today
Bangalore: The Karnataka Lokayukta Court will on Tuesday hear the bail applications of former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa and others in two complaints alleging irregularities in denotification of government land by him.
Special judge NK Sudhindra Rao on Monday adjourned the hearing in two of the five complaints consisting of 15 cases filed by advocate Sirajin Basha.
In both the complaints Yeddyurappa is the main accused.
While in the first complaint, apart from Yeddyurappa, 14 of his family members are the accused.
In the second complaint, nine others including his sons and son-in-law are the accused.
When the hearing of the bail applications in the first complaint commenced, all the 15 including Yeddyurappa were present in the court.
Making his submissions, senior counsel for Yeddyurappa, the first accused, Ravi B Naik said Arkavathy Layout is very big and the one acre 24 guntas (a gunta is 1/40 of an acre) of land, that was denotified in this case, was "just a small part whereas the 60 acres of land surrounding this pocket was already notified for Manyata builders by former chief minister H D Kumaraswamy and former governor Rameshwar Thakur".
Naik submitted he could produce documents to substantiate his argument.
"When the remaining land can be denotified for a big builder, what is wrong if land is notified for an agriculturist," Naik asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway