K’taka: Yeddyurappa`s bail plea hearing today
Bangalore: The Karnataka Lokayukta Court will on Tuesday hear the bail applications of former chief minister B S Yeddyurappa and others in two complaints alleging irregularities in denotification of government land by him.
Special judge NK Sudhindra Rao on Monday adjourned the hearing in two of the five complaints consisting of 15 cases filed by advocate Sirajin Basha.
In both the complaints Yeddyurappa is the main accused.
While in the first complaint, apart from Yeddyurappa, 14 of his family members are the accused.
In the second complaint, nine others including his sons and son-in-law are the accused.
When the hearing of the bail applications in the first complaint commenced, all the 15 including Yeddyurappa were present in the court.
Making his submissions, senior counsel for Yeddyurappa, the first accused, Ravi B Naik said Arkavathy Layout is very big and the one acre 24 guntas (a gunta is 1/40 of an acre) of land, that was denotified in this case, was "just a small part whereas the 60 acres of land surrounding this pocket was already notified for Manyata builders by former chief minister H D Kumaraswamy and former governor Rameshwar Thakur".
Naik submitted he could produce documents to substantiate his argument.
"When the remaining land can be denotified for a big builder, what is wrong if land is notified for an agriculturist," Naik asked.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!