Kunal Ghosh summoned for interrogation
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress Rajya Sabha MP Kunal Ghosh, against whom Saradha Group CMD Sudipta Sen has levelled allegations in a letter to CBI, was today summoned by the police for questioning.
Ghosh, who was summoned by the Bidhannagar city police investigating the case, told reporters that Deputy Commissioner (Detective Department) Arnab Ghosh rang him up and wanted to talk to him.
"He wanted to talk to me and I have come," the TMC MP said.
Earlier in the day, Ghosh said he was ready to face any inquiry and requested police to give him a hearing.
"I have requested the police to talk to me and give me a hearing. I am ready to cooperate and face any inquiry," Ghosh said.
The Trinamool Congress MP said that false propaganda has been launched against him over the issue.
In his letter to CBI, Sen had accused Ghosh of forcing him to sign some documents and letters for sale of a news tv channel to him, an allegation denied by the TMC MP.
An FIR had been filed against Ghosh at the Bhawanipore police station by employees of closed Bengali daily `Sakalbela` for non-payment of salaries and another at the Park Street police station by employees of Channel 10, a television channel, for a similar reason.
Both the Bengali daily and Channel 10 are owned by the Saradha Group, which has gone bust.
Ghosh, in a six page letter to party chief Mamata Banerjee which has been uploaded on the Trinamool Congress website, has offered to resign and said he was ready to face and co-operate with any investigation.
Meanwhile, Congress workers demonstrated at various places including before the Assembly, the secretariat and the Park Street police station demanding Ghosh`s arrest and against the Saradha scam.
Around 100 Congress workers were arrested, police sources said.
Meanwhile, the interrogation of the Saradha Group CMD continued at the New Town police station.
The inquiry commission constituted by the state government to probe the scam said that all investors could lodge their claims with it.
Justice (retd) Shymal Sen who heads the commission, said that matters of similar other companies like Saradha would be looked into.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday