Kurien heads Indian team to Vatican for installation of Pope
Thiruvananthapuram: An Indian delegation led by Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman P J Kurien on Monday left for the Vatican from Delhi to take part in the installation of Pope Francis as the 266th Pontiff of the Catholic church.
According to Kurien`s office in his home town Pathanamthitta, the delegation include his wife Susan Kurien, and MPs Anto Antony (Congress) and Jose K Mani (Kerala Congress-M).
Two Cardinals from Kerala, Mar George Alancherry of Syro Malabar Church and Mar Baselios Cleemis of Syro Malankara Church are already in Rome, where they had gone to attend the vote in the conclave for election of the new Pope, following the resignation of his predecessor Benedict XVI.
Apart from members of the official delegation, a large number of bishops from Kerala have also left for Rome to attend the installation of Jorge Mario Bergoglio from Argentina as the 266th pontiff of the Catholic church as Pope Francis.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS