Kushwaha row: Digvijay asks Sangh to show guts
New Delhi: Amid reports that the induction of
former BSP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha into BJP has not gone
down well with the RSS, Congress leader Digvijay Singh dared
the Sangh to show "guts" by taking action.
"Simply making a statement against BJP inducting corrupt
leaders won`t do. RSS should show guts by taking some action.
After induction of corrupt leaders in BJP, RSS should
withdraw their support to BJP," Singh has commented in
different posts on the microblogging site Twitter.
Maintaining that the RSS cannot take action against the
BJP, Singh in another post said, "RSS would keep on supporting
BJP.How can they kill the goose which lays golden eggs for
The AICC general secretary also refused to attach
significance to the internal opposition within the BJP to the
induction of Kushwaha, who faces corruption charges, alleging
that "corrupt" leaders were inducted in the BJP due to the
initiative of its President Nitin Gadkari, who owes his
appointment to the RSS.
"Corrupt leaders induction in BJP done with initiative
of their hand picked Nitin Gadkari. Would they ask for his
resignation ?," he asked.
In an editorial published in its Hindi publication Panchajanya on Thursday, the RSS called on people in Uttar
Pradesh not to vote for candidates who are facing criminal
charges. The article also urged people not to elect candidates
who have been party hopping.
The RSS criticism came a day after CBI raided several
premises of Kushwaha, sacked by BSP chief Mayawati on
corruption charges, for his alleged involvement in a
multi-crore rural health scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials