Kushwaha row: Digvijay asks Sangh to show guts
New Delhi: Amid reports that the induction of
former BSP minister Babu Singh Kushwaha into BJP has not gone
down well with the RSS, Congress leader Digvijay Singh dared
the Sangh to show "guts" by taking action.
"Simply making a statement against BJP inducting corrupt
leaders won`t do. RSS should show guts by taking some action.
After induction of corrupt leaders in BJP, RSS should
withdraw their support to BJP," Singh has commented in
different posts on the microblogging site Twitter.
Maintaining that the RSS cannot take action against the
BJP, Singh in another post said, "RSS would keep on supporting
BJP.How can they kill the goose which lays golden eggs for
The AICC general secretary also refused to attach
significance to the internal opposition within the BJP to the
induction of Kushwaha, who faces corruption charges, alleging
that "corrupt" leaders were inducted in the BJP due to the
initiative of its President Nitin Gadkari, who owes his
appointment to the RSS.
"Corrupt leaders induction in BJP done with initiative
of their hand picked Nitin Gadkari. Would they ask for his
resignation ?," he asked.
In an editorial published in its Hindi publication Panchajanya on Thursday, the RSS called on people in Uttar
Pradesh not to vote for candidates who are facing criminal
charges. The article also urged people not to elect candidates
who have been party hopping.
The RSS criticism came a day after CBI raided several
premises of Kushwaha, sacked by BSP chief Mayawati on
corruption charges, for his alleged involvement in a
multi-crore rural health scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video