Kuwait PM stresses on strengthening ties with India
New Delhi: Kuwait Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah, on a state visit to India on Saturday emphasised on education and research collaborations for strengthening the ties between the two countries.
Sheikh Jaber visited Jamia Millia Islamia campus here to attend a special programme organised by the varsity to host the Kuwait PM along with his team of delegates at the India Arab Cultural Centre in the campus.
In his address, Sheikh Jaber said Jamia was playing a significant role in not only providing education and research opportunities to a large number of students, particularly Muslims, but also in strengthening the relationship between India and Kuwait through projects and research collaborations.
Officiating Vice Chancellor SM Sajid thanked Sheikh Jaber for visiting the campus and said Jamia will extend full cooperation to explore all avenues of academic and research collaboration with universities in Kuwait.
A photo exhibition on 50 years of India-Kuwait relations was also put on display at the India Arab Culture Centre to mark Sheikh Jaber`s visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against Arvind Kejriwal govt, Centre on May 28
- Watch video: Baby bison is attacked by a wolf – what happens next will give you goosebumps!
- Kejriwal gives one week deadline to discoms to solve outages problem