Kuwait PM stresses on strengthening ties with India
New Delhi: Kuwait Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah, on a state visit to India on Saturday emphasised on education and research collaborations for strengthening the ties between the two countries.
Sheikh Jaber visited Jamia Millia Islamia campus here to attend a special programme organised by the varsity to host the Kuwait PM along with his team of delegates at the India Arab Cultural Centre in the campus.
In his address, Sheikh Jaber said Jamia was playing a significant role in not only providing education and research opportunities to a large number of students, particularly Muslims, but also in strengthening the relationship between India and Kuwait through projects and research collaborations.
Officiating Vice Chancellor SM Sajid thanked Sheikh Jaber for visiting the campus and said Jamia will extend full cooperation to explore all avenues of academic and research collaboration with universities in Kuwait.
A photo exhibition on 50 years of India-Kuwait relations was also put on display at the India Arab Culture Centre to mark Sheikh Jaber`s visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured