Kuwait PM stresses on strengthening ties with India
New Delhi: Kuwait Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah, on a state visit to India on Saturday emphasised on education and research collaborations for strengthening the ties between the two countries.
Sheikh Jaber visited Jamia Millia Islamia campus here to attend a special programme organised by the varsity to host the Kuwait PM along with his team of delegates at the India Arab Cultural Centre in the campus.
In his address, Sheikh Jaber said Jamia was playing a significant role in not only providing education and research opportunities to a large number of students, particularly Muslims, but also in strengthening the relationship between India and Kuwait through projects and research collaborations.
Officiating Vice Chancellor SM Sajid thanked Sheikh Jaber for visiting the campus and said Jamia will extend full cooperation to explore all avenues of academic and research collaboration with universities in Kuwait.
A photo exhibition on 50 years of India-Kuwait relations was also put on display at the India Arab Culture Centre to mark Sheikh Jaber`s visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city