Kuwait PM stresses on strengthening ties with India
New Delhi: Kuwait Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah, on a state visit to India on Saturday emphasised on education and research collaborations for strengthening the ties between the two countries.
Sheikh Jaber visited Jamia Millia Islamia campus here to attend a special programme organised by the varsity to host the Kuwait PM along with his team of delegates at the India Arab Cultural Centre in the campus.
In his address, Sheikh Jaber said Jamia was playing a significant role in not only providing education and research opportunities to a large number of students, particularly Muslims, but also in strengthening the relationship between India and Kuwait through projects and research collaborations.
Officiating Vice Chancellor SM Sajid thanked Sheikh Jaber for visiting the campus and said Jamia will extend full cooperation to explore all avenues of academic and research collaboration with universities in Kuwait.
A photo exhibition on 50 years of India-Kuwait relations was also put on display at the India Arab Culture Centre to mark Sheikh Jaber`s visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- After a decade in international cricket, patient Liam Plunkett proud of 50-wicket landmark
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic
- It'll be cool to have 'Charlie's Angels' in India: Anushka Sharma
- Punjab Health Minister says,"Only 2% drug addicts in 10 districts of state"
- CBSE to conduct Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on Sept 18