Labour court seeks AICC`s explanation on sacking staffers
New Delhi: A Delhi court has issued a notice
to the All India Congress Committee (AICC) seeking its
response on several petitions alleging it had sacked its
several staff members working with for decades.
Labour court presiding officer Chander Gupta sought the
AICC`s response by August 16 on a petition filed by Sudha
Gupta who had been working with AICC management as a telephone
operator since October 1978 and was sacked on July 31, 2010.
The court issued a notice to the AICC on several other
petitions with the same grievance that they were allegedly
terminated from the organisation without any reason.
"One Madan Lal who was a driver with AICC since August
1986, till July 31, 2010, was also terminated," complainants`
counsel Ratneswar Das said, adding that around 44 of the AICC
employees were sacked without giving any reason.
"Being a strong establishment with all the resources, the
management of the AICC headquarters never provided to its
workmen any facility granted by Delhi government," Das said.
"I have served at the AICC office for 32 years but I was
never given any promotion and remained a grade-D staffer till
July 31, 2010, when I was compelled to accept voluntary
retirement by the management," Gupta said in her petition.
She also alleged many of her juniors who had joined the
organisation after her were promoted before her.
"She still did not give up and approached the head of the
management but the organisation was in the habit of giving her
assurance to do the same till the date of retirement and
finally played foul with the workmen," the petition said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack