Lack of awareness affecting NREGA implementation: Centre
New Delhi: The Centre on Wednesday admitted that
lack of awareness among rural masses, delayed payment of wages
and non-maintenance of records in various states have affected
the implementation of NREGA.
"Lack of awareness, inability of workers to submit
written applications (for job), delayed payment of wages,
non-maintenance of records such as muster rolls, and quality
of assets created under the programme" are some of the problem
areas relating to the implementation of NREGA, Union Minister
for Rural Development CP Joshi said here in an all party
meeting chaired by him.
Joshi informed the party leaders that priority of the
ministry is now to ensure "convergence of NREGA with other
The all party meeting, convened for the first time by
the Ministry of Rural Development to discuss on the issues
relating to the implementation of NREGA, was attended by the
representatives from the main Opposition BJP, CPI (M), SP and
RJD chief Lalu Prasad besides leaders from ruling Congress and
UPA ally NCP.
BSP and CPI have, however, skipped the meeting,
sources in the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply