Lack of land delaying police housing projects: Par Panel told
New Delhi: Unavailability of adequate land
and lack of coordination among government agencies was leading
to delays in fulfilling the housing needs of police and
paramilitary forces, a Parliament panel was told on Wednesday.
The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs,
which met here this afternoon, discussed the housing needs of
police and paramilitary forces.
The meeting was chaired by AIADMK Rajya Sabha member V
Maitreyan in absence of Committee Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu.
A presentation by representatives of paramilitary forces
cited lack of coordination among various government agencies
involved in construction of housing units as reasons for delay
in completion of the projects.
Delhi Police`s presentation mentioned about the lack of
adequate land in the capital for completion of various housing
projects for its personnel.
At present, the Delhi Police has 14,946 government
quarters for its 77,257 personnel. A housing project at Dwarka
for construction of 342 flats is on and 719 staff quarters are
under construction in premises of various police stations and
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs had on July 30
approved Rs 50 crore for Delhi Police for constructing
residential buildings in the 11th Plan.
The next meeting is expected later this month or in early
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know