Lack of land delaying police housing projects: Par Panel told
New Delhi: Unavailability of adequate land
and lack of coordination among government agencies was leading
to delays in fulfilling the housing needs of police and
paramilitary forces, a Parliament panel was told on Wednesday.
The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs,
which met here this afternoon, discussed the housing needs of
police and paramilitary forces.
The meeting was chaired by AIADMK Rajya Sabha member V
Maitreyan in absence of Committee Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu.
A presentation by representatives of paramilitary forces
cited lack of coordination among various government agencies
involved in construction of housing units as reasons for delay
in completion of the projects.
Delhi Police`s presentation mentioned about the lack of
adequate land in the capital for completion of various housing
projects for its personnel.
At present, the Delhi Police has 14,946 government
quarters for its 77,257 personnel. A housing project at Dwarka
for construction of 342 flats is on and 719 staff quarters are
under construction in premises of various police stations and
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs had on July 30
approved Rs 50 crore for Delhi Police for constructing
residential buildings in the 11th Plan.
The next meeting is expected later this month or in early
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!