`Lack of motivation biggest drawback of governance`
New Delhi: The failure to motivate people remains one of the biggest drawbacks of governance on Saturday, said TKA Nair, Advisor to the Prime Minister.
"We must not forget that our people are humans made of flesh and blood and cannot be treated like machines," Nair said here Friday.
He was addressing management honchos and academics during the book launch of "My Experiments With Unleashing People Power" by KK Sinha, professor, Birla Institute of Management Technology (BIMTECH).
In the book, based on his experiences as the human resource director of NTPC Ltd for a decade, Sinha spells out how human capital has become the key component for survival and success, a BIMTECH press release said.
Nair pitched for empowerment as a tool to motivate people rather than by throwing the rule book at them.
"We cannot lose sight of what Indian economy has achieved since independence. The public sector undertakings have a big role and responsibility," Nair added.
He alluded to the contributions made by NTPC`s founding chairman D.V. Kapur, ONGC`s Col. S.P. Wahi and Maruti`s V. Krishnamurthy.
Four former and serving NTPC heads, including D.V. Kapur and serving chairman Arup Roy Choudhury, were present on the occasion.
BIMTECH director H. Chaturvedi said appointment of Indians to top slots in global corporations was a tribute to the country`s management and engineering education.
Published by Bloomsbury India, the 294-page book is available in hard cover for Rs.499.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview