Lack of promotion for Dalits in promotion `big lacuna`: Brinda
Madurai: CPI(M) Politburo member Brinda Karat has said lack of reservation for Dalits in promotion in jobs is a `big lacuna` in the legal framework and demanded a constitutional amendment to ensure it is done.
"It is shameful that reservation in promotion in jobs for Dalits is being stalled. The ruling elite wants Dalits to remain bonded in social and economic terms," she said.
Demanding passing of the reservation bill, she alleged that government jobs are being privatised and there is no reservation in private companies, which ought to be brought in that sector. The new economic policies were eliminating even the basic minimum rights secured by Dalits, she said.
Karat was addressing a state-level conference on "Dalit women`s Right to land" here last evening.
She said the issue of land reforms and land distribution had been pushed to the background due to such policies.
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it