‘Laila Khan`s family murdered for monetary gain’
Mumbai: Bollywood starlet Laila Khan and her five family members` murders which were earlier seen as crimes of passion has now turned out to be murders committed purely for monetary gains.
According to the chargesheet, accused Parveez Tak killed Laila and members of her family, because three of the deceased refused to share their earnings with him.
"In 2010, Laila`s sisters Azmina, Zara and Reshma went to work in Dubai with one Sheikh who was known to Tak", the chargesheet said.
"When they returned, they refused to share their earnings. Tak had a grudge against them and he conspired to kill them to usurp their property," the chargesheet said.
Earlier, the crime branch had said that Laila`s mother Celina was married to Asif Sheikh (her first two husbands were Nadir Patel and Tak), though she told Tak that Asif was her brother. However, Tak always suspected that Celina and Asif had an affair.
The crime branch had also said that Tak did not like Asif still maintaining contact with the family and "the family`s decision to relocate to Dubai also made him feel abandoned, as he did not have a passport".
The 1000-page chargesheet filed against Tak on October 3 however mentioned, that the only reason attributed to the killing of Laila and her family members is her sisters` refusal to share their earnings with him.
Tak has been accused of killing Laila (30), her mother Celina (51), her elder sister Azmina (32), twin siblings Zara and Imran (25) and cousin Reshma. The family had gone missing in February 2011 from Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday