Lakhs take holy dip in Ganga on lunar eclipse
Haridwar: Over three lakh pilgrims on Thursday took a holy dip in the Ganga here on the occasion of lunar eclipse.
All the ghats of Haridwar, including the main bathing ghat Har-Ki-Pauri, were seen crowded with pilgrims, police said.
Pilgrims had started reaching the holy town since last evening and they spent the night at the ghats performing puja and prayers.
The temples remained closed during the eclipse and reopened this evening.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why