Lakhs take holy dip in Ganga on lunar eclipse
Haridwar: Over three lakh pilgrims on Thursday took a holy dip in the Ganga here on the occasion of lunar eclipse.
All the ghats of Haridwar, including the main bathing ghat Har-Ki-Pauri, were seen crowded with pilgrims, police said.
Pilgrims had started reaching the holy town since last evening and they spent the night at the ghats performing puja and prayers.
The temples remained closed during the eclipse and reopened this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- More possible MH370 debris found in Mozambique
- Maruti Suzuki to recall 75,000 Baleno, around 2000 DZire cars starting May 31
- Birthday special: Check out TOP 10 pics of Shah Rukh Khan's youngest minion AbRam!
- Are your hands and feet always cold? Know what's the reason!
- Facebook most preferred among US citizens to get news