Lakhs take holy dip in Ganga on lunar eclipse
Haridwar: Over three lakh pilgrims on Thursday took a holy dip in the Ganga here on the occasion of lunar eclipse.
All the ghats of Haridwar, including the main bathing ghat Har-Ki-Pauri, were seen crowded with pilgrims, police said.
Pilgrims had started reaching the holy town since last evening and they spent the night at the ghats performing puja and prayers.
The temples remained closed during the eclipse and reopened this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders