Lakhs take holy dip in Ganga on lunar eclipse
Haridwar: Over three lakh pilgrims on Thursday took a holy dip in the Ganga here on the occasion of lunar eclipse.
All the ghats of Haridwar, including the main bathing ghat Har-Ki-Pauri, were seen crowded with pilgrims, police said.
Pilgrims had started reaching the holy town since last evening and they spent the night at the ghats performing puja and prayers.
The temples remained closed during the eclipse and reopened this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery