Lakhs take holy dip in Ganga on lunar eclipse
Haridwar: Over three lakh pilgrims on Thursday took a holy dip in the Ganga here on the occasion of lunar eclipse.
All the ghats of Haridwar, including the main bathing ghat Har-Ki-Pauri, were seen crowded with pilgrims, police said.
Pilgrims had started reaching the holy town since last evening and they spent the night at the ghats performing puja and prayers.
The temples remained closed during the eclipse and reopened this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday