Lakhs take holy-dip in river Godavari
Nashik: Lakhs of people took a holy-dip in river Godavari here and the pilgrimage town of Trimbakeshwar and had a darshan of lord shiva on the occasion of `maha
shivratri` on Monday.
People offered `maha pooja` to the lord shiva in both the temples and observed fast.
Police have made elaborate security arrangement for today while Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation has deployed additional buses to clear the rush.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview