Lakhs take holy dip on `Somvati Amavasya`
Haridwar: Nearly 28 lakh people, including
pilgrims and sadhus, Monday took a holy dip in river Ganga here
on the occasion of Somvati Amavasya during the ongoing Maha
Kumbh mela, officials said.
"Nearly 28 lakh pilgrims have so far taken holy dip on
the occasion of Somvati Amavasya in Kumbh area today," said
DIG (Kumbh) Alok Sharma.
The sadhus belonging to Niranjani Akhara reached at
Har-Ki-Pauri, the main bathing ghat, at 1100 hrs in the form
of a procession and took holy dip in river Ganga, he said,
adding they were followed by sadhus of Joona Akhara.
Other ghats in Haridwar and Rishikesh were also seen
flooded with pilgrims since early morning.
Elaborate security arrangements have been made for
today`s royal bath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic