Lakhs take holy dip on `Somvati Amavasya`
Haridwar: Nearly 28 lakh people, including
pilgrims and sadhus, Monday took a holy dip in river Ganga here
on the occasion of Somvati Amavasya during the ongoing Maha
Kumbh mela, officials said.
"Nearly 28 lakh pilgrims have so far taken holy dip on
the occasion of Somvati Amavasya in Kumbh area today," said
DIG (Kumbh) Alok Sharma.
The sadhus belonging to Niranjani Akhara reached at
Har-Ki-Pauri, the main bathing ghat, at 1100 hrs in the form
of a procession and took holy dip in river Ganga, he said,
adding they were followed by sadhus of Joona Akhara.
Other ghats in Haridwar and Rishikesh were also seen
flooded with pilgrims since early morning.
Elaborate security arrangements have been made for
today`s royal bath.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'